Choosing the right school for your child is one of the significant decisions of every parent’s life. Luckily, if you’re in Noida, you don’t have to worry much as there are a lot of good schools in Noida. Be it national or international primary schools or secondary schools – the options are endless.
As parents, getting your child admitted in a school (especially for the first time) can be a bit overwhelming. Given the current situation with a pandemic around the world, parents do face the turmoil of getting their children admitted in a new school. In such a situation, knowing the basic steps of school admissions in Noida can help understand the process better and be more prepared for what needs to be done.
Now’s let us look at the steps of school admission in Noida:
1. Admission inquiry – You can submit an online inquiry form available on the official website of the school or directly meet the student counselor in the school and get your queries cleared.
2. Campus visit or virtual counselling – Parents/ Guardians are invited to visit the campus. During this pandemic, you can opt to have virtual counseling. The campus visit will give a real picture of how the school is and the available facilities.
You can book the campus tour by filling an online form or by contacting the school authority through email or telephone number and choose a suitable time slot. It is an excellent opportunity to meet the student ambassador/principal/vice principal and get an overview of the functioning of the school.
3. Submit application form – You can download the application form from the official website of the school or get the hard copy from the campus. Submit the filled application form with the required documents. Ensure to provide accurate information else your application may be declined.
Documents generally required with the application form :
- Birth certificate
- Proof of residential address
- Child’s recent passport size photograph
- Medical certificate
- Parent’s income certificate
- Transfer certificate (if applicable)
- Academic records (if applicable)
4. Assessment – It is a significant part of school admission. It helps to get an idea of the student’s knowledge. Assessment is different for different schools. Generally, for international primary schools, assessment is done by interacting with the child. For students from 6 grade onwards, a written test is conducted.
5. A registration fee needs to be submitted
6. Term fees– Once the application is accepted and the student is onboarded, the term fees need to be submitted
7. Parent orientation program– In some schools, a parent orientation program is conducted to make the parents aware of the vision, mission, and ethics of the school.
School admission in Noida will be open now at this time of the year, subject to the availability of seats. But as parents, you should plan the admission beforehand to prevent any last-minute rush. During this pandemic when the education sector has been revolutionized and made tech-savvy, make sure you choose the right school well in time.